I'm FAT and I run!

Hey! Fat People can run too! Welcome! This blog is optimized for IE7+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome & Safari. If you use another browser, I can't guarantee it'll look right!

What'll I find here?

Updates on my following and completing the Couch to 5k plan & beyond! There's also great links to other C25k-ers on here!

My "vision" to get off my A$$ and Run!

Written and posted to Facebook on 8.6.2k9


Do the HARD THINGS! Please, if you have any comments, questions etc. they are MORE than welcome!

I don't really know why I started this, but I know that GOD is speaking to me and telling me to get off my big, nearly 300lb arse and get back in shape. That's right, nearly 300lbs (280lbs on day 1 of my program to be exact).

9 years ago, I weighed between 175-190lbs. That was too thin and light weight for me at 6'1" on a "big frame" So, I worked out, A LOT, got into shape, put on some muscle and was at about 210lbs with only 11-12% body fat.

Wha-happen? I don't know. I got lazy. I let my "temple" go. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

I don't know where it came from or why I decided to do it, but about a week or so ago, after seeing a LifeChurch.tv message, AT THE MOVIES, I had a vision. A vision of getting back into shape, a vision of treating my temple as I should be. This vision said "RUN". Something I had NEVER liked, even though for a time in high school (nearly 15 years ago) I could run the mile in 6:30 consistently. I simply did NOT like running, it was not something I ever WANTED to do or be good at, it was hard. I didn't like doing hard things. I took the easy road for everthing. In the message from LifeChurch.tv, pastor Craig Groeschel said this: "Do Hard Things: It's doing what we can do, to enable us to do tomorrow, what we can't do today"

I don't really know where I am going with this whole thing, but I've started this vision, I've started to DO HARD THINGS. Today, and over the course of the next 9 weeks, I am doing what I can to enable me to do tomorrow, what I can't do today, which is RUN a 5k. Run a 5 K in less than 24 minutes.

I've only completed Week 1 day 2 (three days per week of 30-40 minute training sessions) of 9 weeks, but I already feel better. I feel like I am honoring GOD by honoring my temple. I am DOING HARD THINGS!

I hope this note can be of some encouragement to someone, maybe not necessarily to become a runner, but simply to do hard things. Do what you know/feel/thing GOD is calling you to do!

I may add to this note at some point, but for now I encourage you to take action on what you feel GOD is calling you to do. Do the HARD THINGS! Please, if you have any comments, questions etc. they are MORE than welcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment