I'm FAT and I run!

Hey! Fat People can run too! Welcome! This blog is optimized for IE7+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome & Safari. If you use another browser, I can't guarantee it'll look right!

What'll I find here?

Updates on my following and completing the Couch to 5k plan & beyond! There's also great links to other C25k-ers on here!

Week 6 is DONE and DONE

Thanks for the votes in the poll yesterday.  I decided, despite the results, to go ahead and complete W6D3.

At about 3:30, I made it to the local trail I've been using most often.  It was 82* with 60% humidity.  The air was a little heavy, and man are the Mosquitos in MN TERRIBLE right now.  No sooner than 2 seconds after getting out of the yukon did I hear/see/feel 4-5 mosquitos trying to get a snack.  Gross.

There is something to be said for running outside vs. on a treadmill inside.  I think it pushes your body more, makes you work harder etc.  There's not moving belt under your feet keeping you going.  No wind resistance in your face.  Either way, if you're running inside or out, you've made the choice to be healthier!

I completed the 25 minute run, and included my 5 minute cooldown walk on Runkeeper.  The details of the map etc. can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/P1po4

I am going to rest up Friday and Saturday and will pickup with W7D1 on Sunday, which is another 25 minute run.  From here on out, I am going to work on increasing my speed/distance, hoping to get at least 1 mile down in the just over 8 minute pace I want to complete the 5k in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment