I'm FAT and I run!

Hey! Fat People can run too! Welcome! This blog is optimized for IE7+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome & Safari. If you use another browser, I can't guarantee it'll look right!

What'll I find here?

Updates on my following and completing the Couch to 5k plan & beyond! There's also great links to other C25k-ers on here!

Itching to run....

Today is my second "off day" in a row. I really feel like running, but am taking two days off in order to let my joints and bones rest up before I start Week 7 of C25k. Week 7 consists of running 25 minutes straight each of the three training days, not including a 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down walk. The total workout is 35 minutes. I am actually looking forward to it! If you'd have asked me 7 weeks ago if I wanted to go out and run for 25 minutes, I would have told you to kiss my rear and sent you on your way! I have three weeks left of the C25k program and am looking forward to finishing it about a week before my first 5k ever!

Over the course of the last 4 days, I've started taking 1000mg of Glucosamine supplements a day. This is supposed to be great for the joints, and ever since I've had ankle injuries, and had knee surgery, I've had sore knees and ankles any time I exercise. We'll see how it goes once the body gets used to it.

Today, to keep me busy, I decided to clean the garage. I have noticed now that I sweat WAY More than I did when I was 25lbs heavier and out of shape! I think I've read somewhere that the more in shape you are, the more you sweat as your body becomes efficient at cooling its self, and thus sweats more. Who knows. All I know was that I was cleaning the garage and it was 80 degrees out with 70% humidity and I was covered in sweat from something that certainly wasn't hard work. Weird.

Anywho, tomorrow is W7D1 of C25k. I am looking forward to it. I have possibly even convinced a buddy to come out and run the 25 minutes. I want to make 2.5 miles in 25 minutes tomorrow as that would get me closer to my goal of a 5k in just over 24 minutes.

Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

  1. Guttermouth said...
     

    I'm also assuming that with your weight loss you've been controlling your diet more? If your food intake previously was high sodium, it's very restrictive of sweat, so if you're eating lower sodium foods, your body is naturally going to have less salt to retain water in your body. It's perfectly normal, and healthy.

Post a Comment