I'm FAT and I run!

Hey! Fat People can run too! Welcome! This blog is optimized for IE7+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome & Safari. If you use another browser, I can't guarantee it'll look right!

What'll I find here?

Updates on my following and completing the Couch to 5k plan & beyond! There's also great links to other C25k-ers on here!

Completed Week 7 Day 1!

Sunday I decided that two days of rest was enough for the ankle, and set out to do W7D1 of C25k. Outside temp was 83 degrees and 59% humidity. It was a little sticky out, but I didn't want to slack off, or wait until later in the day because I knew I would've probably got lazy and decided not to do it.

Since my right ankle had been bothering me, before I ran, I went and picked up a medium duty lace up brace for my ankle for some added support.

I was a little slow on Sunday, maybe due to the heat and getting used to the new ankle brace.  I did manage to run/jog for the continuous 25 minutes though, which I felt pretty good about.  Since the rest of the training program's runs are at least 25 minutes in length with no walking intervals, I am going to work on picking up the pace from here on out until my first 5k on October 17th.  My goal is still to complete the 3.1 miles in just over 8 minutes per mile!  Time to push it a little bit...

We'll see how W7D2 goes on Tuesday. You can checkout the map of my most recent run by clicking the map just to the right of this post, or by clicking Here!

1 comments:

  1. Rachel said...
     

    Way to go!

Post a Comment