I'm FAT and I run!

Hey! Fat People can run too! Welcome! This blog is optimized for IE7+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome & Safari. If you use another browser, I can't guarantee it'll look right!

What'll I find here?

Updates on my following and completing the Couch to 5k plan & beyond! There's also great links to other C25k-ers on here!

Week 7 of C25K is in the books! Am I a runner now?

No more week 7!  Say buh by!

This evening I completed W7D3 with Jack out in front of me in the jogging stroller.  I would have to say that it added quite a bit to the workout to take Jack with me in the stroller.  He's 50lbs that I was pushing in front of me, along with my own 255lbs (which is 25lbs lighter than when I started 7 weeks ago).  It was a really nice evening here in the 55060;  79*, and only 45% humidity!  Quite a bit of bugs, but who cares, there's always bugs in MN.  Hell, there's even bugs in the winter around here!

At what point can I call myself a "runner"?  I think NOW!  I am able to run 25+ minutes without passing out at the end, no throwing up etc!  It feels great.  I have the most amazing wife who has encouraged me big time these last 7 weeks!  She is awesome!  Without her support, I wouldn't still be running.  I have only 2 weeks left of C25K at which point I should be able to complete a 5k (3.11 miles) w/o stopping for a walking break  I can't wait to get out there and do my 5k race in October!  I will OWN it!  I am totally pumped up about it.  Once I am done with C25K, I will have a week and a few days to train before my first race at which point, I will focus mostly on bringing up the speed to hopefully reach my pace of just over 8 minutes per mile, for a total time in the 5k of 24 minutes.

If you are overweight and thinking about getting in shape, YOU CAN DO IT.  I was classified as obese when I started this program at 6'1 280lbs, and today I can run for a good length of time, not be tired, not hurt much and feel GREAT!  I'm well on my way to being healthy and you can be too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment