I'm FAT and I run!

Hey! Fat People can run too! Welcome! This blog is optimized for IE7+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome & Safari. If you use another browser, I can't guarantee it'll look right!

What'll I find here?

Updates on my following and completing the Couch to 5k plan & beyond! There's also great links to other C25k-ers on here!

Almost done with Week 6 of training!

Yesterday was Week 6 Day 2 of the 9 week training program to get you off your butt and into a 5k.  I managed to complete it, but it was a little tougher than other days.  I think maybe because it involved 10 mins of running, then a walking interval, and then another 10 mins of running.  We'll see Thursday when Day 3 of Week 6 comes along.  That'll be a straight 25 run with a warmup and cool down for a total of 35 minutes working out.

Yesterday, I steped on the scale and to my surprise, I was down to 255!  That's 25lbs in 6 weeks that I've dropped.  This means I am pretty close to my initial goal of 250.  Now it's time to get started on finding some free Free Weights to setup in the basement so I can start heavy lifting on my off days of running.  My overall goal weight is 240-250lbs with 9-12% body fat.  I figure the cardio from running will be a perfect compliment to the heavy lifting.  Should help things lean out as I go.   That said, it's time to hit the protein powder again.  I haven't bought any of this stuff in years!  Here's to a "tasty" breakfast every morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment